Saturday, January 7, 2012

Blog 1: Cutouts

Babylove: December 24, 2011; 5:30pm;
Blackfoot, ID Client Home; f/1.7; 1/160;
Nikon d90 50mm


3rd Babe's A Charm: December 21, 2011; 11:30am; Rexburg, ID - Ballroom;
f/2.0; 1/160; Nikon d90 50mm; natural light through windows



















The first image I used CameraRaw to edit. It looked much better in black and white and I love black and white pictures. Both of these photos used all natural lighting that was streaming through windows. The first image was taken in an Idaho Falls hospital a few hours after little Keegan was born. Luckily, it was still light outside and so we were able to get some great pictures. 

Completing the full cutout wasn't difficult because I had already done that in my Visual Media class last semester. However, learning to do the partial cutout was a little trickier. I followed the tutorial's directions and created an outline of the woman's body and the new layers. I refined the edges, saved the selection, and copied it and pasted it. I used levels and brightness and contrast to edit my image.

2 comments:

  1. I also have a Nikon D90 and love it! Your photos are really good- they definitely show that you have experience before taking this class and you have an eye for photography and creating beautiful images to share. My favorite photos you took are “The Old Ways” and “Analisa’s Flashback”. They both have amazing composition and really capture my eye. The red barn and Analisa’s eyes are the focal points which captivate your attention. You did a great job on your cutouts. The photos you picked really helped demonstrate your photo editing skills in cutting out certain areas of photos. Especially the second cutout photo of the pregnant lady; it certainly enhances the photo to look more professional by cutting out the heater in the background which is a distraction. Wonderful job and I’m excited to see the rest of your images this semester!

    ReplyDelete