Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blog 3: Flora & Fauna

For this project, I used the plants on campus to find my 'inspiration'.  I edited the images in CameraRaw after loading them into Bridge. I really like the bokeh I can get with a low f/stop and so you'll notice that the apertures are all close numbers.  The lighting that I was able to get on the "Rain on the Leaf" is my favorite because its dark in the background, but so focused and well lit in the foreground.


Scarlet & White: January 8, 2012; 4:15pm;
Rexburg, ID, BYU-I Campus; f/1.8;
1/1250

Green Whispers: January 8, 2012; 4:37pm; Rexburg, ID; f/1.8;
1/200

Rain on a Leaf: January 12, 2012; 1:40pm;
Rexburg, ID; f/2.5; 1/2000

1 comment:

  1. Janelle - Holy cow! That photo of the water drops on the leaf! Unreal. Absolutely gorgeous. The colors are vibrant and clear. I really enjoy these photos. Also, your edits are really great as well. I've actually never tried the "screen" option when using the adjustment layer. I'm definitely going to have to try that. Also, I can tell you are having fun with this and trying new things. I can see that with the "Glass" smart filter effect you put on the picture of your husband. Awesome work this week!

    ReplyDelete