Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blog 4: Panoramas

Yay for Panoramas!! For both of these, I went to the outskirts of Rexburg, as I call them, because I'm not really sure where Rexburg begins, and where else this would be. Its out up by the temple. I had fun taking pictures here a few weeks ago, and decided it would be a good place for a panorama.

The first panorama is made up of just 4 images. I took about 8, but only merged 4 of them together after some trial and error (the 4 looked better than all 8 together). I used my tripod so that I wouldn't have as much waste on the top and bottom of the image, then used the Content-Aware Fill to fill in some of the sky, and some of the snow in the foreground. After that, I used a brush to blend some of the sky a little more. I then saved it as a psd & a jpeg. I opened the jpg in CameraRaw and used that to crop it. I then increased the saturation, blacks, and contrast, and brightness. I decreased exposure a little. I used an adjustment brush to
get the blue in the sky more vibrant, as well as darkening the tops of the buildings, and the sides of the up close buildings.

The second panorama is made up of 7 images. I followed the same steps for photomerge and content aware fill and cropping. I used Camera Raw to increase saturation, especially the yellows and oranges. Even though there was no pink in the original sky, I used an adjustment brush to add some pinks and purples to the sky to make it more interesting. I may go back and edit out the powerlines, cellar, and sprinkler.

Panorama 1: Outbuildings 
Panorama 2: Rocky 


Panorama 1 Images: January 28, 2012; 11:35pm;
Rexburg, ID; f/13; 1/320; tripod




Panorama 2 Images: January 28, 2012; 11:49pm;
Rexburg, ID;f/13; 1/200; tripod

No comments:

Post a Comment