Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blog 4: CameraRaw

These images were edited using CameraRaw. I have been using CameraRaw for awhile now, but am learning new things about it! This first image was rather dull and unappealing. Looked like nothing special, but I began playing with the first palette of tools. I used the HSL/Grayscale pallette to move around the saturation of certain colors. I wanted the reds to be more orange, and the blues more aqua. I used an adjustment brush with a decreased exposure and brightness, but increased saturation to make the sky more vibrant.

The second image I also edited in CameraRaw. The original image was way over exposed and flat. I increased the recovery, decreased the exposure, and increased saturation. I then went to the HSL/Grayscale pallette and adjusted the reds and blues. I then added two adjustment brushes. One I decreased the exposure and brightness, but increased the saturation. This brush I used to add the dark edges that made the outbuilding look a bit more menacing. I then used another brush with normal exposure and added brightness to create the brightest spot in the center of the building/image. Overall, I really like how this one turned out!


Gorgeous Decay

Enter Your Doom




Gorgeous Decay: January 16, 2012; 4:11pm;
Ouskirts of Rexburg, ID; f/5.0; 1/320






Enter Your Doom:  January 16, 2012; 4:15pm; Outskirts of
Rexburg, ID; f/3.5; 1/160

1 comment:

  1. I love your camera raw edits! Such character in the colors and contrast! I can definitely tell that you have used this program before, great job! I love the snowscape panorama of yours as well. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete